Monday, March 1, 2010

Album Review: Break Up

Scarlett Johansson + Pete Yorn - Break Up


From beginning to end this album is incredible. Pure GOLD! Pete and Scarlett have produced an album that hits the hearts of everyone that has been through a breakup. It makes me feel that I am going through the motions of a relationship that has fallen apart. From the playful yet sure beats of "Relator" to the realization of longing for the one you lost in "I am the Cosmos" to the final step in a break up where you have let go: "Someday."

The song "Someday" has to be my favorite on the album.

"All I ask for is a state of mind
where i can keep myself in line
with all the changes and
all that stays the same,
i think i'll leave the past behind"

The song speaks to me in a way that nothing else does. I feel it defines many things that I need to conquer in my life at the moment.

This album has to be one of the most well put together and thought out albums I have ever heard. Every song is meaningful on its on, yet each one adds to the big picture. I have listened to this album over and over again, and have yet to grow tired of it. It is wonderful and I highly recommend putting it on your must have list!



1 comment:

  1. Eep! I love this album!
    Someday is fantastic, and the song Realtor especially makes me want to get up and dance.

    ReplyDelete